This Page

has been moved to new address

My Dream

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Misadventures of Mrs. B: My Dream

Cook. Writer. Wife. Daughter. Sister. Friend. Klutz.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

My Dream

You know what? I'm tired of this penchant I have for denying myself everything that's most important to me. Where did that even come from? The second something seems problematic or uncomfortable, I back off immediately and decide "it wasn't worth it anyway". Maybe I never learned how to focus on me, on what I need.

What do I need?

I need to admit the fact that I have dreams that are worth pursuing. I know a lot of people who see what they want and don't think twice about striving for it. I know a lot of women in particular who see it as a necessity to take care of themselves whenever possible, whether that be something as simple as getting their nails done on a regular basis or taking time out of their day to work out or meditating or whatever is important to them. They do it and that's just that. I on the other hand will talk myself out of just about anything. I know I've talked about this before.

So what is it that I'm dying to do? I'm dying to open my own restaurant. Nothing big, nothing swank. Just a neighborhood place with good comfort food where people come in and chat with each other. A place where old family pictures hang on the walls and where there's a relaxed, comfortable atmosphere. That's what I want. I want to make people happy with my food.

I thought for about five minutes about going to culinary school, but that is hella expensive and, frankly, a restaurant is a big enough investment in and of itself. So that route is out. Instead I plan to do two things:

1) Perfect my core recipes, the ones I'm already good at and love to make, and learn new ones

2) Study whatever I can get my hands on in terms of the business side of this endeavor.

I don't have a timeline yet, and I know that I have a lot to learn and think about in order to come up with the best product possible. And I do want to make sure that I have as many kinks worked out in advance as I can.

That's my goal, that's what I need to do, food is what I'm most passionate about. Food is so important. Food evokes memories, food brings people together. And it's what I want to give to others...and to myself, because I owe myself this.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I'm writing for you. I'm speaking to you.

So I would like to hear from you in return. Did that story make you laugh, or think? Does that recipe look good? Do you relate to me or totally disagree?

Let me hear what YOU think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home