This Page

has been moved to new address

Back that up!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Misadventures of Mrs. B: Back that up!

Cook. Writer. Wife. Daughter. Sister. Friend. Klutz.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Back that up!

It started innocently enough, back when I first was reassigned to my old stomping grounds. Data processing. The department I was first hired into in February 2004. This past January I was thrown back into the thick of it, having been away for around 2 1/2 years. Needless to say, some things had changed. I'd been kept abreast of some changes through my chatter with my coworkers, but when it all went down this past winter, I was left alone. With no one to guide me. It was sink or swim.


I swam and am still swimming. Upstream most of the time, but swimming.


Anyway, back when all these changes first came about it was requested that I create a manual of sorts, since I was as of that moment the only person the company who knew how to do what I do and, well, that's just not a good thing. What wasn't taken into consideration at that time of great upheaval was that, well, I'm the only person who knows how to do what I do...so I need to do what I do and not worry about "extra" stuff. Namely, my manual.

Fast forward 6 months. Now I have vacation in...wait for it...36 days. Siiiiiigh. However, I need to have my stuff together well in advance of that time so I can go over things with the people in question. Not only that, but...I'd like to take another day off at some point. Since I'll have 10 left over even with the Disney trip.

This manual has become the obsession of my life. It's currently 107 pages and I feel as though I've just scratched the surface. There are chapters, there are screenshots, there will be a table of contents when I finally get around to it. It will be epic. Because once you think of one thing you do, and you pick it up and dust it off and try to come up with how to explain it...you look down and realize there were three other tasks hiding under that first one. And on and on. But at least I'm making it a priority!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I'm writing for you. I'm speaking to you.

So I would like to hear from you in return. Did that story make you laugh, or think? Does that recipe look good? Do you relate to me or totally disagree?

Let me hear what YOU think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home