This Page

has been moved to new address

I Talk Myself Out Of It

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Misadventures of Mrs. B: I Talk Myself Out Of It

Cook. Writer. Wife. Daughter. Sister. Friend. Klutz.

Friday, August 14, 2009

I Talk Myself Out Of It

I have a bad habit. Okay, I have many bad habits. The one in particular weighing on my mind is my tendency to talk myself out of things.

Many's the time I've had a plan in mind, or a shadow of a plan, and over time have managed to convince myself that it was not a good idea in the first place.

The instance in question today is the fact that I had thought about getting my hair professionally cut (for the first time in almost 3 years) and colored (for the first time ever, thank you, Nice n' Easy) as sort of a gift to myself for my 30th birthday, which is in 6 days in case you were wondering. And I thought about doing it tonight since I have things to do this weekend and, well, my hair's in pretty sad condition. Sad, gray condition.

Of course I won't go through with it. I've already decided it was a bad idea and that I'll be better off self-trimming and coloring as I have been for ages.

And I wonder why that is. It's not a bad thing to be frugal or at least to not be overly frivolous, certainly. But unless I am completely seat-of-my-pants about a decision, I always start thinking too much. And eventually that leads to standing in front of the bathroom mirror with a pair of scissors in my hands. And no, I'm not saying that haircuts are frivolous. But already I'm thinking "Well, I should really just do chores tonight since I'll be out all day tomorrow, instead of spending the evening at the salon". So that's probably what I'll do.

Good times!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I'm writing for you. I'm speaking to you.

So I would like to hear from you in return. Did that story make you laugh, or think? Does that recipe look good? Do you relate to me or totally disagree?

Let me hear what YOU think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home