This Page

has been moved to new address

I've got a fevah...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Misadventures of Mrs. B: I've got a fevah...

Cook. Writer. Wife. Daughter. Sister. Friend. Klutz.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

I've got a fevah...

I suck at this blogging thing. I always forget to keep up with it.

I told myself that after the fabulous weekend I had, I would blog all about it in great detail. Did I? No, not yet. And it’s already Thursday. And the memories are fading. Darn my memory!

So here’s a recap:

My husband and I spent a super fun weekend in Philadelphia on the spur-of-the-moment. I just love last-minute adventures!

We stayed overnight in a hotel downtown (right around where my office used to be located…sigh…I really do miss it).

We had dinner at Morimoto (it was so good we haven’t stopped talking about it yet and we’re already saving up to go again…and I’m wondering how to tempura everything I eat now). I was actually considering titling the weekend blog entry “Morimotooooooooh”, that’s how good it was.

I finally got to go to Naked Chocolate Café after many months of wanting to (they just opened one right across from the hotel we stayed at – it was fate!). It was delicious and, thanks to the much larger and less-centralized location of the place, we could actually get a table and just sit and relax while we shamelessly pigged out.

We went to the Flower Show on its last day (I almost killed just about everyone around me but did get 50 roses bought for me so yay Flower Show!). I took a lot of pictures which I will hopefully one day post (just like the wedding pictures and a bunch of other things I need to get to…).

We walked, we talked, we sat outside and drank Blue Moon in the unseasonable warmth and watched people go by. Most of the time we laughed at them because most of the time they were drunk and acting foolish. Or dressed foolishly. Or both.

It was a wonderful weekend and my husband is wonderful for providing it for us. I mean, seriously – Blue Moon, food that was crazy insane delicious enough to actually make me save up money to enjoy again, drinking chocolate (and enough walking to burn it off), dozens of roses – does it get any better than that? I think not.


Now it is Thursday and I’m looking forward to another weekend…of CLEANING!

That’s right, kids. Spring Cleaning Fever has struck, hard. In my mind I’m already scrubbing, wiping, washing, dusting, vacuuming. In my mind, though. It remains to be seen whether this will actually come to fruition. And knowing me it’ll need to be spread out over the course of a couple of weekends because I have a tendency to get distracted easily and then magically forget what it was I was doing. And it doesn’t even take that long for forgetfulness to set in. With sleepiness following close behind. An unfortunate tag team combination.

But in my mind, oh, in my mind. In my mind I am Superwoman. I can do it all. There is no gunk hiding behind the faucet, nothing baked on in the microwave, no soap scum in the tub. The clothes get ironed instead of being tossed around in the dryer to de-wrinkle. There is never a dish left laying in my sink. I am on top of these things and manage to do it all while remaining carefully coiffed and keeping my clothes clean.

In reality, I can’t cook or eat without making a mess of myself and everything around me, I let dishes go for days sometimes if I’m too tired or distracted to wash them, I don’t even want to think about what’s behind the faucet and I can’t remember the last time I used the iron.

But I’m trying to be better, and isn’t that what counts? So I figure let’s start with as clean a slate as possible and work on changing some habits. What better time than spring? Now spring just needs to get here already!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I'm writing for you. I'm speaking to you.

So I would like to hear from you in return. Did that story make you laugh, or think? Does that recipe look good? Do you relate to me or totally disagree?

Let me hear what YOU think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home