This Page

has been moved to new address

Weight Loss Journal: Day 3

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Misadventures of Mrs. B: Weight Loss Journal: Day 3

Cook. Writer. Wife. Daughter. Sister. Friend. Klutz.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Weight Loss Journal: Day 3

Boy, I sure did enjoy my workout this morning.  I had a hard time getting out of bed but it was worth it! When I was through I felt alive, lit up, and proud of myself.  I was even glowing.  Or perhaps it was just the sheen of sweat on my brow.

Clearly, none of this happened.

What really happened was this:

(1) I had a tough time shutting my brain off so I could go to sleep - ever have that happen to you? In particular, have song lyrics ever run on a loop through your brain and you're unable to push the STOP button? And never good songs, either.  I'm talking stupid crap that, upon recognition, makes you scream "OH NO!" and change the station real quick.  Laying in bed and having such musical genius as "Disco Duck" running through your head (just an example, that one never played a part in my insomnia...yet).  Yeah, it's a real thrill.

(2) I woke up around 4:00, saw the time, and immediately set my alarm to go off at 5:30.  I knew I just wasn't going to be able to get up in 45 minutes to do my pre-workout bathroom break, etc.  Then, somehow, I managed to turn OFF the alarm, so...

(3) I jumped out of bed at 5:47, thanking my lucky stars that I even managed to wake up at that time without the alarm.

So day 1 of working out is kaput.  We'll be visiting Rob's dad later so except for walking to the rehab or hospital (depending on where he is tonight), that's about all I'll be doing in terms of exercise.  Well, there's always tomorrow.



Meanwhile, I am starving even though I had a seemingly satisfying lunch.  I am also feeling mildly nauseous.  What a great combination.

Breakfast was plain oatmeal (YUM!!!) and a cup of skim milk.  I honestly love and adore plain old 5-minute Quaker Oats with absolutely nothing added (even though spoonfuls of sugar are always yummy when they're, you know, allowed).  Snack this morning was a couple handfuls of baby carrots and homemade white bean hummus (YUM AGAIN!).  Lunch was a sardine (mixed with mayo), avocado, tomato and hard boiled egg sandwich.  It was delicious but again, I feel kinda sick somehow.  And later I plan to have greek yogurt with honey.  So good.  Dinner? No idea, seeing as how we kind of wing it on visiting nights.  I'm sure I can find something fairly non-threatening, even if it means stopping somewhere and grabbing a protein bar or something.  Regardless, there's always something not-too-bad for you, anywhere you go.  You just have to keep an eye out.

LATER...I had chili and part of a small salad for dinner at the hospital cafeteria.  I was really, really proud of my food choice seeing as how there was pizza, cheesesteak, hot sausage sandwich, macaroni and cheese and other unstellar choices abounding.  Immediately my body gravitated towards the mac and cheese and mashed potato section.  But then my eyes wandered to the salad bar and I knew what I had to do.  So I did.  Go me!

Only two more days til I post my weight.  Am I woman enough for this??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I'm writing for you. I'm speaking to you.

So I would like to hear from you in return. Did that story make you laugh, or think? Does that recipe look good? Do you relate to me or totally disagree?

Let me hear what YOU think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home