This Page

has been moved to new address

Cheesecake Success!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Misadventures of Mrs. B: Cheesecake Success!

Cook. Writer. Wife. Daughter. Sister. Friend. Klutz.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Cheesecake Success!

Wow! I am so thrilled right now!

We decided today that it would be good to make something nice for dessert tomorrow night.  Of course Rob's idea was "chocolate cheesecake", aka the chocolate cheesecake I made a few weeks back for our Thanksmas gathering.  Yes, that was delicious, but it didn't turn out exactly as I had hoped.

Thanksmas cheesecake:


Ugly cheesecake

See, it souffled and fell and cracked and looked all wonky.  I saved it by making a chocolate ganache and covering it all up.  It worked like a charm and I felt very clever.  Did I get a picture of that? Of course not.  But take my word, it looked way prettier with the shiny ganache, and no one was the wiser.

So I tried again this afternoon to make a cheesecake.  I knew that water baths are key with cheesecakes, but I didn't use one last time because I had also read stories of water seeping into the springform pan, even when the pan was lined on the outside with foil.  Still, I wanted to have a crack-less cake, so this time around I was determined to use one...sort of.

I lined the pan with three layers of foil and put it on top of/halfway into a pie pan which I put a little bit of water in - just enough to barely touch the foil on the springform.  I then put that pan concoction into a bigger pyrex pan and filled that about halfway with water.  I put the whole thing in the oven and crossed my fingers.

This is what came out 1 1/2 hours later:


Beautiful crack-free cheesecake!



So nice, I thought I'd show you twice!

I almost cried with joy! How freaking gorgeous is that cheesecake? The only thing I see wrong with it now is the fact that it has some air bubbles, which I know resulted from over-beating.  Live and learn.  But it's so pretty!

I think I'm going to end up making ganache anyway, though.  Don't mess with a good idea, I always say.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I'm writing for you. I'm speaking to you.

So I would like to hear from you in return. Did that story make you laugh, or think? Does that recipe look good? Do you relate to me or totally disagree?

Let me hear what YOU think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home