This Page

has been moved to new address

Weight Loss Journal, Day 10

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Misadventures of Mrs. B: Weight Loss Journal, Day 10

Cook. Writer. Wife. Daughter. Sister. Friend. Klutz.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Weight Loss Journal, Day 10

Sigh.

I feel like such a sloth right now.

I hurt my back over the weekend and I've been on the couch for two days.  Sometimes I'll feel okay for a little while and forget...and then I'll move a certain way and OWWWW!

On to my latest weight loss-related exercise.

One very important point that I've read in the past is that if you're hungry for a certain food, you should just eat it.  If you don't, you'll feel deprived and only end up eating more and more of all sorts of other things.  In the end it would have been easier and probably fewer calories if you'd just eaten what you wanted in the first place.

Again, this goes against all diet-related thinking.  I have a difficult time accepting this because, well, aren't we all sort of programmed to believe that we have to eat the "right" foods? However, there is something to be said for the wisdom of the body.  The body knows what's best for it.  For example, when Rob's dad first went into the hospital I stress ate like a fiend.  It was a massacre.  But after about a week and a half, maybe more, I found myself craving salad.  Soup.  Light, nutritious food.  Because my body knew what it wanted.  All I had to do was listen.

The same is just as true now.  I have to learn how to listen to my body, not my brain.  My body knows what it needs and how much it needs.  But it's always easier and...well, more fun!...to listen to my brain and just keep eating.  God, this is so difficult, this fighting that's always going on between my head and my belly. 

Sometimes it just doesn't seem worth it. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I'm writing for you. I'm speaking to you.

So I would like to hear from you in return. Did that story make you laugh, or think? Does that recipe look good? Do you relate to me or totally disagree?

Let me hear what YOU think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home