This Page

has been moved to new address

Visiting Home

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Misadventures of Mrs. B: Visiting Home

Cook. Writer. Wife. Daughter. Sister. Friend. Klutz.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Visiting Home

Yesterday we went to what will soon be our new home - well, MY new home, seeing as how Rob grew up there.  He thought he'd never have to take the trash out there again, or mow the lawn in the back where there's a hill.  Surprise! Life knows better, doesn't it?

It's a three bedroom house.  We'll take the other two bedrooms and probably put some of our things in the den as well, as these are rooms that Rob's dad doesn't use much.  One bedroom will be for our bed, and one for our computer and TV and other such things (such as the sewing machine I have my eye on...).  That way we can hang out upstairs if Rob's dad is in bed and we feel that we want to keep an ear out.  I think it's going to work out pretty well.

There's also a nice, roomy backyard with a patio and little garden plots on either side.  I've always wanted to grow veggies and flowers but have never done so.  Any tips would be appreciated!  :-)

There's also a much roomier kitchen with appliances that make the ones I'm using right now look downright shameful.  Hooray!

But the most surprising and interesting thing I discovered was the number of stores in the immediate vicinity! There is seriously nothing I could ever need that I couldn't find in a matter of 5 minutes.  It's like they knew I was coming.  Just about every major store and restaurant I can think of.  The only thing missing is a bookstore - I guess they don't read in Washington Township? ;-)

And the thing that really made my day was Rob's discovery of a box of pictures and cards from his childhood.  I've never seen any of these things, and I've always wondered what he looked like when he was little.  Now I know! He was completely adorable, such a tiny little thing with blond hair and big glasses.  I wish I could pick up Little Rob and give him a great big hug.

Well, we broke the news to our landlady today so I guess it's for real, we're really going to move.  She took it better than we thought she would.  At least that's over with.  Now...on to the packing!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I'm writing for you. I'm speaking to you.

So I would like to hear from you in return. Did that story make you laugh, or think? Does that recipe look good? Do you relate to me or totally disagree?

Let me hear what YOU think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home