This Page

has been moved to new address

Snow: Another Brief Pictorial

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Misadventures of Mrs. B: Snow: Another Brief Pictorial

Cook. Writer. Wife. Daughter. Sister. Friend. Klutz.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow: Another Brief Pictorial

For those of you not in-the-know, we have been beaten and bruised by snow for the past several days. On Saturday, it was this storm which left us with approximately a foot of snow. And let me just say for the record that by that time I was pretty sick to death of weekend storms. I mean, seriously? How's a girl gonna get a snow day if it only snows on Saturday? By Monday morning everything's cleaned up, at least enough so that you don't have an excuse to stay home. Oh, how I shook my fist at Mother Nature over this.

On Tuesday night, Mother Nature shook back.  And didn't stop until after we went to bed on Wednesday.

At the end of it all, we had approximately 21 inches of snow ON TOP of the foot we got over the weekend. We just sat here yesterday, both of our offices closed, and stared out the window at the howling, blinding white mess outside.

"I don't think we're going anywhere tomorrow," Rob said at around 7:00, while the snow still fell and had been falling for 24 hours.

"I have to agree with you," I murmured, entranced by nature's beauty.

Well when you have to shovel, let's just say the bloom is officially off the rose.  Beauty is not what you're thinking about.

Here are some pictures for all you southerners who I just KNOW are dying to be abused like we northeastern folks are!

 
Okay, you're probably wondering why this picture is even here.  Let me just tell you that right in the center is the most perfect little snowflake the Good Lord ever created.  And dang it all, I couldn't get it into focus.  But trust me.  It was delightful.

This was how it looked around 9:00 Wednesday morning.  There was a lull in the storm so I figured I'd get a head start on the shoveling.  There was still snow falling as I took this shot but the camera didn't pick it up.

Rob was super duper smart this time and parked at the end of the driveway! So all I did was clear a path for us to get to the car.  Smart guy!

Yet almost immediately after I cleared a path, it was covered with a coating of show.  I'd say I cleared about 4 or 5 inches that first time.


Then I went inside and made some hot chocolate and shook the snow out of my hair.

Today, THIS is what greeted me:


This was after I did my best to at least clear a path to the driveway.  The snow on the lawn was up to my waist.

The sky was so blue, though, and the white of the snow looked so beautiful next to it.
Yes, definitely beautiful.  Wait, what's that big mound of snow with the two wipers sticking up from it? Oh.  That used to be my car.  The car which my husband needed to drive to the store.  Sigh.

 
My path looks considerably different than it did yesterday...

There's a mirror under there somewhere.  And ooh, I can actually see some silver peeking through the white.  There IS a car under there after all!

Um...can't someone just BRING us cold medicine?


Okay, Mother Nature.  I get it.  You're the boss.  I apologize for putting any pressure on you, and I thank you for the two glorious snow days we've had.

I have just one favor to ask of you now.

Can you stop it already? We have to move next weekend!!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Linda @ A La Carte said...

From a Southerner thanks for the photos and really showing not just the beauty but the beast that snow is also! I lived in Mass years ago and remember that it's pretty but a pain! Hope it stops snowing!

February 11, 2010 at 8:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

I'm writing for you. I'm speaking to you.

So I would like to hear from you in return. Did that story make you laugh, or think? Does that recipe look good? Do you relate to me or totally disagree?

Let me hear what YOU think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home