This Page

has been moved to new address

Feelin' the burn(out)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Misadventures of Mrs. B: Feelin' the burn(out)

Cook. Writer. Wife. Daughter. Sister. Friend. Klutz.

Friday, March 6, 2009

Feelin' the burn(out)

I swear I'm going to try to work out today. Truly. I'm going to try.

I was doing so well there for a while, too. For several weeks I was going down to the office gym every single day. I was developing what I saw as a rapport with the other daily folks. I was feeling good and, honestly, kinda self-satisfied. I mean, I was going to the GYM. 5 days a WEEK. I was finally the good person I wanted to be.

Then I got sick with some weird chest virus and couldn't work out for a while. Or breathe properly. Or eat without feeling like I was having a heart attack. It was a lot of fun.

Then I got transferred to a department which consists of only me and was inhumanly busy for several weeks, non-stop. I didn't even remember what a lunch hour was for a while there. That, too, was a lot of fun.

Now I really don't have an excuse anymore. The work has slowed down to a manageable flow and I can take a deep breath without groaning in pain. I can even walk up a flight of stairs without wanting to cry. Miracles happen.

And yet...I've lost my gym mojo. Completely. I have to work back up to that crazy high I was on just 6 short weeks ago. I managed to drag my butt down there yesterday. And after brushing the cobwebs off my workout clothes, which were patiently waiting for me in my locker all this time, I got down to the business of exercise. And it wasn't bad at all. I even felt good about myself when I came back to my desk.

But not good enough to make me want to do it again today.

The worse part about all of this is that I'm trying to lose weight and develop a more healthy lifestyle. Add to that the fact that I'm going out to dinner tonight and would like to lose myself in a big plate of scampi, perhaps followed by some chocolate. What balances these two opposing viewpoints? Exercise.

This sucks.

**EDIT** I did go to the gym after all. And it wiped me out. See? The gym is evil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I'm writing for you. I'm speaking to you.

So I would like to hear from you in return. Did that story make you laugh, or think? Does that recipe look good? Do you relate to me or totally disagree?

Let me hear what YOU think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home