This Page

has been moved to new address

Christmas Ornament Wreath

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Misadventures of Mrs. B: Christmas Ornament Wreath

Cook. Writer. Wife. Daughter. Sister. Friend. Klutz.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas Ornament Wreath


I know that everyone and their mother has made an ornament wreath by now.

But that doesn't stop me from feeling inordinately proud of mine!
 


I managed to salvage a lot of what I did last year - the original wreath made it through the move pretty well.  So I removed the old ornaments and substituted some other unused ones, then strung them on my hanger.  Any empty spaces were filled by smaller ornaments which I hot glued in place.

Once the glue was dry, it was time to hang.  I knew exactly where I wanted it - right on the new dining room wall, in front of the mirror.

With the help of Rob, I looped a length of ribbon under the wire on the back of the mirror and draped both ends over the top.  I knotted the ribbon in front of the wreath and cut the ends evenly, leaving them to drape down the front of the wreath as if they were the ends of the bow.  I then used the rest of the ribbon to create a bow, which I hot glued to the knot.

And that was it! Okay, sounds easier than it was.  It took some time to get it to look right.  But I love the way it looks now!

What do you think? Have you made an ornament wreath (and if so, did you have a hard time with it at first the way I did with mine? Because I was cursing the idea when I first tried it!)?

And if you're all "What the heck?" because you've never heard of/seen a Christmas ornament wreath before, here's a link to Eddie Ross's blog, where he details the process much better than I could. 

One note, though: I notice that he has ornaments with great big metal loops at the top to string along the hanger.  I on the other hand use dollar store ornaments and the holes are much smaller.  The first time I tried making the wreath it killed me that I couldn't get the ornaments as close together as his, which is why I hot glue ornaments in the bare spots.  The cheapy tops don't allow you to get the ornaments too close together without breaking from the strain (I don't mean popping off, I mean breaking entirely).  So there's my two cents!

Side story: While snapping pics for the ol' blog, I said to Rob "Do you want to be in the picture?".  He said "No, I look terrible!".  I said "Then get out of the way, you're in the mirror".


Happy to share with...
504 Main

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger KatiePerk said...

Looks so pretty! I have never made an ornament wreath.

December 1, 2010 at 9:56 AM

 
Blogger MrsJenB said...

Okay, maybe not *everyone* has one, then. :-)

December 1, 2010 at 10:05 AM

 
Anonymous Neena said...

That wreath is gorgeous - and no, I have never made one. I don't really even know how - if you have posted some directions, I would love to see them!

Stopping in from SITS.

December 1, 2010 at 1:02 PM

 
Blogger Gabby Malcuit said...

It doesn't matter if you're not the only one. Lots of people have done lots of things that other people have done, too. It's still beautiful and worth showing off! Hahaha, I like your side story.

December 1, 2010 at 1:29 PM

 
Blogger Shell said...

Love your wreath! I'm not crafty so of course I've never made one!

December 1, 2010 at 4:36 PM

 
Blogger MrsJenB said...

You know, I'm not crafty either (at least I never was prior to my exposure to crafty blogs) but this one was so pretty I just had to give it a shot. I think I have the potential to craft, but not the drive.

December 3, 2010 at 12:50 PM

 
Anonymous redkathy said...

I said "Then get out of the way, you're in the mirror"... Too funny! Your wreath is beautiful! I never made one of these so there you have inspired someone lol Wish I had the materials on hand, I'd make one like yours!

December 5, 2010 at 11:31 PM

 
Blogger AmericKim said...

I just made MY ornament wreath a few days ago. I'm a little slower than most, I guess...I love yours and the ribbon is gorgeous.

December 8, 2010 at 4:45 PM

 
Blogger Holly Lefevre said...

It is beautiful! I do love how this ornament wreath looks - so sparkly and shiny! Guess what I have never made one...never even tried...that is just weird because I like them so much!

December 9, 2010 at 2:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

I'm writing for you. I'm speaking to you.

So I would like to hear from you in return. Did that story make you laugh, or think? Does that recipe look good? Do you relate to me or totally disagree?

Let me hear what YOU think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home