This Page

has been moved to new address

Stephen: A Pictorial

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Misadventures of Mrs. B: Stephen: A Pictorial

Cook. Writer. Wife. Daughter. Sister. Friend. Klutz.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Stephen: A Pictorial

Tonight the family came over for dinner.  We had a good time.  They watched hockey (good game, USA) and joked and I caught up with everyone one by one while I cooked.  And Jason opened the door on me while I was in the powder room (he didn't look or anything gross like that).  I made a noise he 'hadn't heard in years' - I'm not sure what that meant but he had a good laugh at my expense.  So that was fun.

For dinner I made pasta bolognese and olive bread (a PW recipe which I will be posting about shortly) and garlic bread and...apple dumplings.  Oh, apple dumplings.  It had been far too long.

When my family got here I mentioned to my younger brother that I had made them - he was at a friend's house the last time we had them and I thought he had missed out.  But it turns out he had eaten leftovers and today offhandedly replied, "Oh, I didn't like them". 

I made a face somewhere between "Are you crazy?" and "Too bad...crazy".

Still, he tried some, the little trooper.  And he liked them, as evidenced by the fact that he went back for seconds.  And thirds.  With ice cream, every time.  Stephen, aka The Skinniest Kid Ever.

 
Oh yeah, baby.  You've got it goin on and you know it.

I make yummy food as a way to get him to sit still, for heaven's sake, so I spend some time with him.  It's not always easy for a 15 year old to talk to Big Sis, even if she IS pretty much at his maturity level on a lot of things (this is because he is super mature, not because I'm lacking...I swear).  Being the loving sister that I am, therefore, I used apples and ice cream and butter to glue his butt to the chair so I could converse with him and take secret pictures of him while he thought I was just messing around on my phone.

Tee hee.

 
 He hovers over it like someone will steal it...

  
...of course, he's right, someone probably WOULD have stolen it.

  

  

  
 He happened to overhear a conversation between our dad and sister...

  
Then gave me his spin on the subject at hand, which of course made me laugh so hard I almost cried...

  
...which Dad heard, so of course he knew Stephen said something.  So he repeated himself.  And I laughed some more.

 
And now, back to business.


He's a cutie, isn't he?

Meanwhile, my sister told me that she has started a sports blog since, in the future, she wants to be a sports reporter.  She follows Twitter and other resources to pick up on news and writes about it.  I think that is just so cool - and it'll definitely help her sharpen her skills.  Isn't it amazing, all the resources at our fingertips nowadays that weren't available years ago?

Tomorrow is the Big Day - bringing Rob's dad home.  Just saying a prayer that things go as well as they possibly can!


Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He was born when we were in HS, Jen....high school! God, that makes me feel SO .... old!

February 28, 2010 at 8:47 PM

 
Blogger MrsJenB said...

TELL ME ABOUT IT!! He'll be 16 in July! 16 years OLD! Remember when we were 16? Lord.

And he has way too much fuzz on his upper lip. There. I said it.

February 28, 2010 at 8:54 PM

 
Blogger Musing Runner said...

Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog. I also love to cook, but I'm not very good at it. My husband is the kitchen talent in our house. I mostly just mess around in there.

Stacy

February 28, 2010 at 10:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

I'm writing for you. I'm speaking to you.

So I would like to hear from you in return. Did that story make you laugh, or think? Does that recipe look good? Do you relate to me or totally disagree?

Let me hear what YOU think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home