This Page

has been moved to new address

Happy Friday!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Misadventures of Mrs. B: Happy Friday!

Cook. Writer. Wife. Daughter. Sister. Friend. Klutz.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Happy Friday!

Another day at home, thanks to the messy weather.  But that's okay, no complaints from me!

This has been a very busy and full week.  We moved on Saturday and the rest of the week has been devoted to unpacking, finishing up with the apartment, and waking up extra early to work out the commuting situation.  But Rob's finished with his last week of work now so we'll be getting back into a routine which doesn't involve me getting to work an hour early.

I'm feeling rather exhausted today! Another reason it's a good thing I'm staying home.

It's been fun to set up the house and put our things here and there.  It's interesting to see the difference between a house and a home and what makes that difference.  Prior to our moving in, the house was inhabited by someone who didn't spend much time here - he was always working or traveling or golfing or a mix of the three.  So while it was full of things, it wasn't very homey.  We're working on changing that in little ways.  But Sunday night we have to have everything as well set-up and organized as possible because...

Rob's dad comes home on Monday.  I'm looking forward to it - I'm sure it will make him so happy to finally be able to leave there for real.  Up to now he's been telling people he's leaving but, as we all know, it doesn't work that way.

The next thing I need to focus on is actually getting in the exercise room and working out! But not today. Today I work from the couch and then take Rob to dinner.

So thank you, Mother Nature, for giving me the opportunity to sit in my comfy den which my husband so carefully and lovingly put together yesterday.  Looking out over the new backyard, covered in a fresh layer of snow, has done wonders for my peace of mind.

Now if the snow would only melt so I can get to the business of gardening...


Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger thecoolmom said...

I treasure those at home times as well. How fun to have time to turn your new house into a home. No wonder you're tired. You've had a very busy week! Enjoy your down time now and your new home.

February 27, 2010 at 10:32 AM

 
Blogger the.bain.family. said...

whew, moving is so draining. Have fun setting up home :)

February 28, 2010 at 11:29 AM

 
Blogger LydiaCate said...

Oh I covet your at home time! SO glad your move is over and you're getting settled in. Isn't is fun setting up HOME!
Blessings!
LydiaCate

February 28, 2010 at 4:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

I'm writing for you. I'm speaking to you.

So I would like to hear from you in return. Did that story make you laugh, or think? Does that recipe look good? Do you relate to me or totally disagree?

Let me hear what YOU think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home