This Page

has been moved to new address

On The Phone With Dad: Seven Dollars

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Misadventures of Mrs. B: On The Phone With Dad: Seven Dollars

Cook. Writer. Wife. Daughter. Sister. Friend. Klutz.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

On The Phone With Dad: Seven Dollars

This is a verbatim transcript of a recent conversation with my father.

I am on the train.  My phone rings.

Me: "Hello?"

Dad: "The bill is thirty-five dollars.  What's the tip?" (notice the lack of a "hi, how ya doin?" there)

Me: "Seven dollars."

Dad: "Seven dollars?"

Me: "Seven."

Dad: "I'll give her 10.  Okay, honey, thank you."

Me: "You're welcome."

Dad: "Don't tell anyone about this."

Me: "Okay, I won't."

Dad: "Unless it's in the book you write about me."

Me: "Okay, Dad."

*click*


Seriously.  I couldn't make this up.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Nain @ View From Down Here said...

Ha, that's hilarious...you know some cell phones have tip calculators...you should show your dad how this works :-)

January 22, 2011 at 7:35 PM

 
Blogger Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

What a good girl you are, you didn't tell anyone!

January 22, 2011 at 8:04 PM

 
Blogger Sabrina said...

I love this dialog...sounds very similar to me and my dad. Thanks for sharing. :)

January 22, 2011 at 9:13 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

love it!!! so funny..my dad carries around a little card to tell him how much to leave. I tried to tell him he could just use the calculator on his cell phone but he said that was "for the birds" oh well....

January 22, 2011 at 11:50 PM

 
Blogger Jenny said...

I could have this conversation with my dad about a hundred things (not calcualting a tip however as he is an engineer and I can't balance my own checkbook much less figure out a tip in my head) but he had the first part of the conversation in his head, and just expects everyone else to be there too.

January 23, 2011 at 9:33 AM

 
Blogger Rachy said...

Hehehe

January 24, 2011 at 7:45 PM

 
Blogger Shell said...

Too funny!

January 25, 2011 at 12:15 PM

 
Blogger marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

oh man that's super funny!

January 26, 2011 at 7:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

I'm writing for you. I'm speaking to you.

So I would like to hear from you in return. Did that story make you laugh, or think? Does that recipe look good? Do you relate to me or totally disagree?

Let me hear what YOU think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home