This Page

has been moved to new address

A Day In The Life

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Misadventures of Mrs. B: A Day In The Life

Cook. Writer. Wife. Daughter. Sister. Friend. Klutz.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Day In The Life

Kelly over @ The Startup Wife posted a "day in the life" timeline yesterday and inspired me to write down the events of my day in order to share them with her and all of you.  Of course, I forgot to post it yesterday.  C'est la vie.

Anyway, here's a typical day in my life, starting in the AM of course.  I'm avoided as much of the mundane, boring stuff as possible. 

Oh, and you can just assume that I'm actually working in the empty spots that occur between 9 and 5.

4:30 I'm sort of awake but determined to not get out of bed. I doze.

5:00 Awake again. Doze again.

5:15 Okay, time to get out of bed.

5:25 Get on treadmill - feeling very self-righteous. Start walking @ 3.5 speed.

5:35 Accidentally unhook the safety cable while reaching for bottle of water - shuts the treadmill down. I think I broke it. Turn it off. Turn it on. Nothing. Try again. Still nothing. Panic sets in.

5:40 Figure out problem. By now am fed up and decide to get dinner prepared.


5:45 Remember to run dishwasher, which I forgot to do last night.


6:10 Pot roast is in crock pot and potatoes are mashed. I decide that I can hardly wait to get home to eat those potatoes. They're killer.

6:15 Sneak into bathroom. Close RD's adjoining door. Get in shower.


6:25 Out of shower. Towel and robe. Open RD's adjoining door.


6:30 Remember clothes left in dryer. Take them out in order to put pair of pants in to de-wrinkle. Leave clothes on top of dryer and promise self to fold them tonight. Get dressed for work.


6:50 TURN ON CROCK POT! Woo hoo, I remembered this time! Also clean up potato and carrot peels in sink and get lunch together. I'm all about remembering to do things today!


7:00 Catherine shows up to relieve us while Rob drives me to train.


7:32 I get on first train.


7:55 Off of first train, mad dash through mall to get to second train. Witness a young man knock an older woman to the ground, causing her to hit her head on a pillar. He sneaks off but is followed by a gentleman who he clipped right before knocking into woman. I get her a bottle of water and wish her luck while the security guard talks to her and she waits for an ambulance. I also manage to get coffee for myself.


8:10 Second train arrives. Text Rob about what I saw in the mall.


8:35 Off of second train, walk to work.


8:45 Sit down at desk.


9:15 Start typing this, then time to actually start working.


9:20 Okay...gonna get started...really...


10:00 Time for a meeting that I'm fairly sure has nothing to do with me.


11:00 Yep. Nothing to do with me.  Work.


11:55 Watching clips from "Modern Family" to make me laugh and be able to get on with my day. I love that show.


12:30 Field frustrated texts from Rob regarding the "getting Dad out of bed in order to see the doctor" situation. Then the "getting Dad out the door because he keeps stalling" situation.


12:30-12:35 Quickly and quietly eat lunch at desk.  Today is leftover spaghetti and meatballs.  Yummy!


1:08 - 2:00 Lunch break, where I go to Bed Bath and Beyond to purchase placemats and a dustpan and brush for the kitchen. I wanted to get a small wastebasket for the bedroom but they were all either cheap and ugly or expensive and still ugly. Or very ornate, which really isn't necessary. Oh, and I stopped at Starbucks and got coffee to get through the afternoon. Actually felt rather warm walking back, which is a very good thing. Warmer temperatures, baby!


2:03 Okay, back to work.


4:15 Call my brother Jason since I know he had a job interview today.


4:40 Realize I need to leave in 5 minutes so I get off the phone with Jason (I have been working this whole time, though - for real!).


4:45 Dash outside.


5:00 First train.


5:25 Off of first train, rush to second train.


5:35 On second train - in the front seat! Super cool! (It's the little things) This train used to scare me because it crosses the Ben Franklin Bridge and when you're looking out the window over the water you can't see the railing because it's below the window. That bothers me. Plus the train bounces a little and sways from side to side. Freaky. But riding in front makes me feel safer somehow.


6:00 Off of train.  Get in car.  Kiss Rob.


6:30 We're home! Time to finish preparing dinner even as I'm reminded by RD that he already HAD dinner. Which of course he didn't. I ask if he could manage to eat a little bit anyway.  He agrees.


7:00 Eat dinner, joyfully (that pot roast was one of the top 5 best things I've ever cooked in my entire life, no exaggeration).


7:45 Rob chats with RD in living room while I putter around kitchen. Placemats are too big for table. Drat. At least they were only $1.99 apiece.  Kitchen is clean. Time to get changed out of yucky, constrictive work clothes. I go upstairs to find a present on my pillow! A bottle of perfume and a sweet, sweet card from Rob. SQUEAL!


8:00 Go downstairs, fold laundry (see, I told you I would!). I ask Rob if he would mind taking it upstairs. He says he would. I say I don't care. We laugh. Menacingly.


8:15 RD decides it's time for bed.


8:30 Chocolate cake. Thank you, Lord. I have to say, I'll be happy when this is gone because it's far too tempting. We watch "The Middle".


9:00 "Modern Family" time!


9:30 Start shutting things down for bedtime. Soon I crawl under covers and Rob joins me shortly thereafter.

10:00 (if not sooner)  Zzzzzzzz.....


Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a day! It is hard but you are doing great!

March 11, 2010 at 2:53 PM

 
Blogger Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Whew! That's a day and a half! Good for you! Thanks for visiting...I've signed as a follower! Coralie

March 11, 2010 at 4:20 PM

 
Blogger MrsJenB said...

Thanks, Linda! And thanks, Coralie! New followers make me do a happy dance!

March 11, 2010 at 5:42 PM

 
Blogger Kelly Loy Gilbert said...

Loved this!!!!!!!! Except that, um, you make me feel lame--geez, by the time you've freaking exercised and MADE DINNER, I'm still way, way asleep. Sigh.

That is SO SWEET about the little gift on your pillow! Swoon.

Also, I haven't watched Modern Family yet because J got home too late last night. I can't wait to watch it today. All day I keep wanting to watch it online but I keep making myself wait for J. Sigh. The things I do. You liked this one? (Imo, they've pretty much all been good.) I can't wait!!

P.S., how awful about that woman! I hope she's okay!

March 11, 2010 at 7:05 PM

 
Blogger MrsJenB said...

I did like this one, and I'm sorry I mentioned it before you even watched it! I don't think the woman was too badly hurt, but no one wanted to take a chance. I mean she was knocked flat on her back. That guy was bumping into everyone he came into contact with. Shady...

March 11, 2010 at 7:46 PM

 
Blogger Kelly Loy Gilbert said...

Just watched it--Fliza Minelli was hilarious. I also laughed really hard at "I never wussed in!"

March 12, 2010 at 3:15 AM

 
Blogger People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

You eat lunch 'quickly and quietly' at your desk in FIVE minutes?! I know it's true, but is sure is funny!

I also enjoyed the 'menacing laughter'.

March 12, 2010 at 6:17 AM

 
Blogger MrsJenB said...

Haha - let me explain. We're not reeeeeeally technically supposed to eat at our desks - it doesn't look good when clients come in or something like that - everyone does it but is afraid to get caught red-handed. But since I had an errand to run I figured I'd cheat a little. The speed can be attributed to that - and to the fact that I was starving!

March 12, 2010 at 9:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

I'm writing for you. I'm speaking to you.

So I would like to hear from you in return. Did that story make you laugh, or think? Does that recipe look good? Do you relate to me or totally disagree?

Let me hear what YOU think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home